Hi! I’m Jenna Harte, a die-hard romantic, writing about characters who are passionate about and committed to each other, and frequently getting into trouble. I’m the author of the Valentine Mysteries, the first of which, “Deadly Valentine,” reached the quarter-finals in Amazon’s Breakthrough Novel Award in 2013.
I have a bundle of stories filled with romance, mystery and even time travel rattling around in my head and am eager for the day when a device is created that will allow me to download what’s in my brain onto my computer.
I’m passionate about chocolate, strong, dark coffee, and Disney. My dream is to live on a beach with a large lanai, a banana, coconut and mango tree where I can write and never be cold.
When I’m not telling stories, I work by day as a freelance writer, author and blogger under my “real” name. I live in central Virginia with my husband, two college-bound children and a fat cats.
Here are some interesting (or maybe not so interesting) factoids about me:
1. Writing always terrified me, so I’m baffled to how I got here.
2. I first started writing fiction in sixth grade by writing about characters on my favorite television show (the term fan fiction hadn’t been invented yet. Neither had the Internet.)
3. My favorite fiction involves mystery and romance, but I prefer a mystery with romance as opposed to a romance with mystery, if that makes any sense.
4. My favorite authors are J.D. Robb, Janet Evanovich, Sandra Brown, and Carl Hiaasen. I also love Jane Austen, but tend to stay away from literature unless I know it will end well.
5. Currently, I’ve finished five books and a novella in the Valentine Mysteries, and am plotting book six, with other ideas to follow.
6. Both the Valentine and Delecoeur Mysteries pay homage to one of my favorite movies, The Thin Man and to Nick and Nora Charles’ more modern day (if the 1980’s can be considered modern-day) counterparts, Jonathan and Jennifer Hart.
7. I have another series idea rattling around in my head that pays tribute to another favorite old movie, Topper.
8. I’m not as old as my love of old movies would suggest. I am as old as my love of Hart to Hart suggests.
9. Like my character Tess, I love good chocolate and old R&B tunes. I’m still working on getting some Carine Gilson underwear to see if I’d love them as much as Tess does. A set can cost several hundred dollars so I have to wait until more books sell.
10. Jenna Harte is not my real name. When I’m not making up stories that put happy couples into danger, I live in the “real world” using my “real name” working as a freelance writer and blogger. But I really love Jenna’s world!
Please stop by my author page at Amazon.com to learn more and check out currently published works.
Finally…want to keep up with me to hear about upcoming releases, beta reading opportunities, and more. Please sign up for my email list. Don’t worry, you won’t be inundated with email.